Lifetime Achievement Award
Each year, the UBM Canon medical content team selects an industry pioneer to receive the MDEA Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of the crucial role he or she has played in medical device innovation. This award goes to an individual whose contributions over a long career in the medtech industry have had a significant and demonstrable impact on technological, business, and cultural advancements in the world.
- Manny Villafaña, Founder, Chairman & CEO Medical 21 (2016)
- John Abele, founder of Boston Scientific Corp. (2015)
- Dean Kamen, founder of DEKA Research & Development Corp. (2014)
- Robert Langer, David H. Koch Institute Professor, MIT (2013)
- Thomas Fogarty, inventor of the Fogarty embolectomy catheter (2012)
- Alfred E. Mann, founder of Advanced Bionics Corp. (2011)