Judging of the entries is conducted by an impartial panel of jurors—made up of clinicians, engineers, and designers—who carefully review all product submissions and narrow them down to a maximum of six finalists in each category. From there, jurors vote to award a bronze, silver, and gold award in each category, as well as an overall best-in-show winner.
Although it is generally expected that there will be one Bronze, one Silver, and one Gold winner in each category, this decision is left to the discretion of the MDEA jury, which may elect to present as many or as few awards as it deems merited by the quality and number of entries in each category.
Entries Are Scored Based On Five Criteria:
- Design and Engineering Innovations
- Functional (User-Related) Innovations
- Benefits to Overall Healthcare
- Benefits to Patients
- Market Differentiation/Competitive Landscape
Come celebrate innovation and enjoy complimentary drinks & hors d'oeuvres with your industry peers!
- Awards Ceremony: June 11, 2019
- Ceremony Schedule:
- 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Cocktail Reception
- 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Award Presentation
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.: Post Ceremony Reception
- Location: Medtech Hub Booth #1669, Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York, NY
- Cost: FREE with expo badge